Talecco conducted extensive research in the first quarter of 2017 with the aim of identifying how companies are reacting to the challenge of becoming more customer-led. This research is the first of a number of planned activities that will help define and describe the rapidly changing landscape of the Chief Customer Officer and customer-led thinking.
This particular research piece focused on the individuals that are being appointed as CCOs and the companies that hired them. We aimed to identify:
- What sort of businesses are hiring CCOs?
- What types of people are becoming CCOs?
- What are the requirements of a CCO in terms of core skills and abilities?
The aim of this research is to help those who are:
- Thinking about hiring a CCO
- Considering what the benefits of such a hire might be
- Trying to understand where customer thinking might fit into their business
- More broadly interested in how successful businesses are changing